As there is a very real possibility that me John and Mike will be living in a cardboard box sometime soon I thought it would be a good plan to do something today that would tempt the feel good endorphins out of hiding. After careful deliberation over a massive bacon and egg batch (endorphin producing food) I suggested we climb Helsby Hill again, after all we'd really enjoyed that ramble last time we did it.
What I hadn't accounted for was the fact that it was two years since we last went up there and my fitness level has decreased considerably due to spending most of that time on my rear. Sitting in class all day and studying all night surprisingly does not produce a marathon runner. Anyway I had to have five rests and stop twice because my legs went all funny, but I got to just before the summit without too much drama. As we rounded the corner there was a thin path above a shear drop and some sandstone tablet type rock which looked harmless enough so on I strode. Now! if you happen to have a bit of a problem with heights you'll know all about that feeling of frozenness and the surging desire to throw yourself off the thing, despite knowing that you definitely will die horribly if you do. This is a feeling which makes no sense whatsoever and I've never come across anyone who could explain the absurdity of it to me. I was there spread out, grappling with bits of grass and stuck frozen flat against the sandstone wailing, could I move a muscle....no could I heck. Eventually John dragged me up and we had coffee sitting in the sun which was nice, he also found another way to get back down which I was relieved about because by now there was a party of school kids up there and I didn't fancy an audience when I next lost the plot.
I'm not sure whether the feel good endorphin thing worked because the amount of adrenalin that must have been circulating when I was stuck has probably taken years off my ticker, but at least while that was happening I was thinking the cardboard box house seemed like a nice idea.
Like many people my men are facing the possibility of being unemployed because the company they work for has gone into administration, it's a scary prospect, especially for my hubby who has been there since he was in his twenties. It might challenge us but it's in no way going to destroy us.
Praise God for the continued strength I am Blessed with.
30 days of me
6 years ago
3 comments:
Sorry to hear about John & Mike. I hope things work out for the better. xxx
Sorry to hear about your men. Sending you all big {{{hugs}}} xx
Jax
Thanks for the messages you two, bless ya! Hope alls good with you.
x x x
Post a Comment