Sunday, 28 June 2009

What's what in my world.

Despite my promise to myself to keep my blog up to date once the course finished, I've failed miserably. However I'm in the mood this morning so here's a quick post of what's what and what has been what lately (if indeed anyone is interested).

I've nearly got over the nasty shingle thing, been to the beach a few times and been very childish (throwing oneself head first down the sand dunes is highly recommended). We've had some men in to clear the ground for the secret garden, which will be 'Chris's secret garden'. It will be in the Feng Shui style, (water, earth, wind and fire) because he liked that sort of thing. John is going to whittle a bench together and the plaque will probably include the words 'Don't worry, be happy' I may or may not attach three little birds to it, if the men allow such cheesiness.

I did a speech on our certificate presentation evening, along with two of my buddies, which was to mark the retirement of our lovely (not what I called him during the course) Biology tutor.






Today I have been married for 34 years and we're going to spend the day staining all the wooden stuff in the garden, followed by the compulsory barbecue, even if it rains. Finally, for now, I'm a bit excited about something I've added to my 1-10 list, it's called body boarding and I can't wait to try it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue

Congratulations on your 34 years - it's my our wedding anniversary today too - 29 years ...

I was reading what you had written about Chris's secret garden. I don't know if Pauline told you but the community council in Kirkconnel have made a lovely wee memorial garden for my mum in the village. They've put a plaque up too. I don't think mum had any idea of the impact she had had. I'm sure she knows now tho.

Also, congratulations on passing your course and enjoy your nursing course. Take Care

Teresa x

Anonymous said...

well just to say you looked lovely at the presentation evening!!! All these speeches and speaking in public gets me thinking that God has got plans for you especially with The Way of The Master course you are on!!!!..... you know what I mean next thing you will be preaching and I can't wait for that :) You are a star look forward to seeing you next week loads of love Wend xxxxxxxxxxx

suzie said...

Happy anniversary to you both Teresa, hope you've had a fab day.

Pauline did tell me about the garden for Jessie and she said she'd send me some pics. I assumed it was a garden that the family had made for her, how absolutley wonderful that the community council in Kirkconnel have made it in the village, that is so fitting for your mum and I can just imagine the expression on her face when she saw it. No doubt she'd 'tut' and say 'don't know what all the fuss is about' but I bet she's smiling.

Thank you very much for the congrats, just got to get through Uni now.

Love to all, hoping to get up to see Pauline soon.

x x x

Wend, thank you for the huge vote of confidence with the public speaking, I was very very nervous but never had a doubt in my mind that I wanted to do it. Onwards and upwards in the future hopefully, it's in Gods hands.

Really missing church but hope to be clear of the viral gremlins by next Sunday. Hope alls good with you, feel like I havent seen you for ages.

Much love. x x x

Anonymous said...

34 years is pretty good going. You and John are such lovely people I'm not really so surprised.

Tried to send you an email with pictures of Mums garden etc. but don't seem to have your address.

Lots of love

Pauline

suzie said...

Aaw!! thank you hunni,

I've text you my email addy and will ring you over the weekend.

Much love. x x x